posted by Noah .
Could someone correct my answers and help with the other problems?
1. Are the following lines parallel, perpendicular, or neither? L1 with equation x – 5y = 10, L2 with equation 5x + y = 5.
Answer: Neither (I'm not to sure but i think this is the right answer)
2. Divide: a^10/a^4
How would I complete this problem?
3. A rectangle has sides of 3x – 4 and 7x + 10.Find the expression that represents its perimeter.
Answers: Answer: P = 20x + 12
4. Write the equation of the line that passes through point (–6, 7) with a slope of 0.
Answer: y = 7
5. Find the slope of the line passing through the points (1, 1) and (3, 3).
6. Evaluate. 5 • 4 ÷ 2 – 42
7. Find the slope and the y-intercept.
y = x
Answer: Slope is 1, y-intercept (I'm not sure what that answer is)
I will help you with 1 another time. Someone might beat me to it. Just have time to answer a few right now.
2) think of a^10/a^4 as:
Start crossing off an a on the top and one on the bottom. Once you get the answer, you'll probably see an easier way to do it.
4) y=mx+b "b" is the y intercept. -6*0=0 So yes...y=7
6) I don't know what that is between the 5 and 4.
7) y=mx+b Slope is 1 (correct) What's "b" in the equation of "y=x"?
If there's no "b" listed, it is ... (you'll probably have a "d'oh" moment once you get it) Or should I give a bigger hint and say a d' *OH* moment. Oh...those letters that look so much like numbers at times. HIJKLMN...O....if only we could figure out what it is. ;-)
1) why don't you rewrite the equations in slope intercept form and see if the slope is same, negative reciprocal, or other?
2) a^b/a^c= a^(b-c)
7) right on slope.
Y=mx + b. What is b in this problem?