Posted by Lindsay on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 at 4:19pm.
It would be great if, again, someone would check these answers for accuracy. I'd like to know if I'm doing them right.
1) What equation defines an exponential decay function?
d) y=pi times x
I think the answer is c.
2) Suppose a lake is clouded with sediment so that the intensity I of the light that passes through the water is reduced by 10% for each 15 cm. of depth. An equation that models this situation is I = (.9)^d/15, where I is the fraction of light that can pass through and d is the depth in cm. At what depth would only 3% light pass through water?
3) Solve 3 x 5^t = 3/25.
4) Solve ln x = -1.1.
5) Solve 7^r-3 = 200.
r=5.73 (This one I really am not sure about)
6) Project managers in the U.S. space program have determined that an individual's reaction time R can be calculated by the formula R=0.17 + 0.44 log N, where N is the # of choices presented to the individual. Use the formula to determine how many choices would result in a reaction time of .56 seconds. Round your answer to the nearest whole #.
N=about 6 choices
1) less than one taken to a negative power is greater than one taken to a positive power.
4. I dont get that exact answer. x= antiln -1.1
1) So...I'm still confused. Would the answer then be a? or d?
4) How do I go about doing x=antiln?
Are all of the rest of them okay?
for #1 it is b)
As x gets larger, pi^-x gets smaller.
in c) (1/pi)^-x is the same as pi^x, so it would be increasing.
your answers for #2,3, 4,and 5 are correct.
for #5, here is how I would do it:
7^(r-3) = 200
r-3 = ln 200/ln 7 , from a^x = b ---> x = ln b/ ln a
r-3 = 2.7228
r = 5.7228
.56 = .17 + .44log N
.39 = .44 log N
.8863636 = log N
N = appr. 7.7
Thank you SO much! I get it now. :)
No one has answered this question yet.
Answer this Question
Algebra 2 once more - I have more answers that I would like checked. Also, there...
Just a message(please read) - First of all I would like to thank everyone for ...
English - What does she look like? 1. She looks like a movie star. 2. She is ...
English - Lesson Objective Students can greet people whom they meet for the ...
Algebra - Would someone please check these answers? Simplify. 3/x-5+1/1-4/x-5 ...
chemistry - URGENT!! You wish to prepare 1 L of a 0.02 M potassium iodate ...
Algebra-Please check - Please check- sqrt of 2x + 15 = x Answers: -5.3 -3.5 -3 5...
English - Do these 2 sentences have appositive phrases: To play ball like that ...
Art - Thank you very much. I still need you to check a few urgent things, ...
English - 1. I like the characters on the ship. Their actions were great. Their ...
For Further Reading