Posted by Lindsay on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 at 4:19pm.
It would be great if, again, someone would check these answers for accuracy. I'd like to know if I'm doing them right.
1) What equation defines an exponential decay function?
d) y=pi times x
I think the answer is c.
2) Suppose a lake is clouded with sediment so that the intensity I of the light that passes through the water is reduced by 10% for each 15 cm. of depth. An equation that models this situation is I = (.9)^d/15, where I is the fraction of light that can pass through and d is the depth in cm. At what depth would only 3% light pass through water?
3) Solve 3 x 5^t = 3/25.
4) Solve ln x = -1.1.
5) Solve 7^r-3 = 200.
r=5.73 (This one I really am not sure about)
6) Project managers in the U.S. space program have determined that an individual's reaction time R can be calculated by the formula R=0.17 + 0.44 log N, where N is the # of choices presented to the individual. Use the formula to determine how many choices would result in a reaction time of .56 seconds. Round your answer to the nearest whole #.
N=about 6 choices
1) less than one taken to a negative power is greater than one taken to a positive power.
4. I dont get that exact answer. x= antiln -1.1
1) So...I'm still confused. Would the answer then be a? or d?
4) How do I go about doing x=antiln?
Are all of the rest of them okay?
for #1 it is b)
As x gets larger, pi^-x gets smaller.
in c) (1/pi)^-x is the same as pi^x, so it would be increasing.
your answers for #2,3, 4,and 5 are correct.
for #5, here is how I would do it:
7^(r-3) = 200
r-3 = ln 200/ln 7 , from a^x = b ---> x = ln b/ ln a
r-3 = 2.7228
r = 5.7228
.56 = .17 + .44log N
.39 = .44 log N
.8863636 = log N
N = appr. 7.7
Thank you SO much! I get it now. :)
Answer this Question
U.S. History - This isnt homework but I found out that I am related to kit ...
Maths-Algebra - In class i was given this- Write Each of these Phrases using ...
English - 1. I can give you a hand if you want. -That would be great. (What is ...
History - This is what I have so far but I need to add more any ideas would be ...
3 grade - How many more states are there that border the Great Lakes than there ...
modern world history - who was more of an absolute monarch Tvan the Great or ...
biology - I am posting this question in Biology instead of Algebra even though ...
algebra - A male bee has only 1 parent(a mother) and a female bee has two ...
great jiskha ideas - okay staff i came up with some great ideas. -I can make a ...
algebra - I can't figure out (-64)^1/3. Any help would be great. and (-8)^-2/3