Posted by Algebra Help on .
Please explain to me how to do these problems...Thanks
1. Find the value of x...x/6-x/8=1
2. The combined resistance of two resistors r1 and r2 in a parallel circuit is given by the formula
rt= 1/(1/r1)+ (1/r2)...simplify the formula...
3. Fungicides account for 1/10 of the pesticides used in the US. Insecticides account for 1/4 of all the pesticides in the US. The ratio of fungicides to insecticides used in the US can be written 1/10 divided by 1/4, write this ratio in simplest form...
1) is the common denominator 24?
2) is the common denominator (1/r1r2)?
3) Hmmm. Fungicides are not pesticides. However, ignoring that, follow the instructions in the problem. Show some work.
there is no common denominator on either problem, I am needing help to come up with the answer..
For 3, convert to decimals to get a better idea of the ratio — .10 and .25.
I hope this helps a little more. Thanks for asking.