Posted by sade on Thursday, May 17, 2007 at 9:16pm.
why was the united nation formed after war world two
It looks as if what you need to do is learn how to conduct thorough and effective searches for yourself. That's what research
is, and I'm sure that's what your teacher expects you to do -- conduct research. You are searching for information that is so specific that you have to be prepared for the possibility that none of it may be online. Or some may be, and some may not. In addition to searching on the Internet, you also need to make best friends with the reference librarian(s) in your local or college library.
At this webpage, you can go immediately to the search sites (first three columns across the top) -- or even better
you can scroll down until you see the section called HOW TO SEARCH THE INTERNET
. Those are the links to start with. You'll not only learn how to come up with good search terms, but also how to evaluate the webpages you get as results. Some will be good and others will be garbage. You need to know how to tell the difference.
My favorite way to search is to go to Google's advanced search page
> and put my search words or phrases into the first or second search box (either "all the words" or "exact phrase"). However, there many other strategies for searching you can use, and the HOW TO SEARCH THE INTERNET
section will help you best.
Learning to use Google or other search engines can save you time and help you learn to find information efficiently. Here are some websites that can teach you how:
... and one to help you judge whether a particular website's information is worth your time:
After following the above advice, you need to remember that some of the sites listed by a search engine are not as accurate as others. Wikipedia data, for instance, may not be accurate. Check with your teacher before using that site as a reference. It is a good starting point, but you will need to check the facts there with other sources.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- lauguage arts - what do rats do I need help fast. It looks as if what you need ...
- US history - what influence did the english whig party have on colonial ...
- Modern History - The US legal and political system have been greatly influenced ...
- Religions,History - what are two excellent university websites that that deal ...
- Unit 4 - Memory, Thinking, and Intelligence - research Spearman's Model of ...
- Current Events - I nedd help finding articles about Supranationalism, Devolution...
- writeacher - Those are not part of my homework- those are parts of a research ...
- ECO - labor market research In 2003 the state of Arizona determined that there ...
- history - How many Blacks settled in America ans where did they settle? It looks...
- plzzzz help ,argent,plzz,sst - want to many quetions on my project of social ...