posted by Katrina on .
I'm hoping you are able to help me with my homework. Its on General Chemistry.
- When the solid NH4NO3 is dissolved in water at 25 C, the temperature of the solution decreases. What is true about the signs of enthalpy (H) and (S) for this process?
- When a liquid evaporates, which is true about the signs of the enthalpy and entropy changes?
- A temperature change causes the volume of a solution to increase. This change will cause:
a) the molarity and molality to increase
b) the molarity and molality to decrease
c) the molarity to inscrease but not change the molality
d) the molarity to decrease but not change the molality
e) neither the molarity nor molality to change
Thanks in advance for any help that is given. Will be much appreciated.
I don't want to go through and duplicate what you may already know. Please indicate what you think about the answers and why and someone will critique your work. If you don't know where to start, please tell us what you don't understand about it.
I'm confused about these questions but I guess these answers could be possible. Let me know if i'm wrong and why. Will really appreciated it.
1) H is positive and S is negative ?
2) Both H & S are positive ?
3) Neither changes ?