Posted by jessica on Wednesday, May 9, 2007 at 1:02am.
Can someone please help solve this?
Solve by using addition or substitution or addition.
the answer my got was x=11/10
My teacher said that was wrong.
Never mind this post I found out how to solve it.
10 x + 2(-5x +3) = 7
That leads to 6=7, which cannot be true.
Therefore the two equations are inconsistent and there is no solution. Another way to look at it is to say the equations are for two parallel lines that never intersect.
(2y=7-10x) mulitipy by 3
(y=3-5x) multiply by -6
0/-/3 doesnt workkk
Answer this Question
- Algebra - Solve by addition or substitution; 10x + 2y = 7 y= -5 + 3
- algebra - Solve each of the following systems by using either addition or ...
- algebra - Solve for s in this equation. Depreciation. D=C-s/n This is my answer ...
- math,correction - can someone correct this for me. Directions: Solve the ...
- Algebra 1 - Solve the following system by using either addition or substitution...
- Algebra - Solve the system of equations using substitution. x + 4y = -5 3x - 8y...
- Substitution Method-Plz help - Use the Substitution method to solve the system ...
- need help in math, - Translate to a system of equations and solve using the ...
- math - Can someone please check my work? Solve using substitution method 1. 3x+...
- algebra - I have a few problems I need you to take a look at and tell me if I ...