Posted by jessica on Wednesday, May 9, 2007 at 1:02am.
Can someone please help solve this?
Solve by using addition or substitution or addition.
the answer my got was x=11/10
My teacher said that was wrong.
Never mind this post I found out how to solve it.
10 x + 2(-5x +3) = 7
That leads to 6=7, which cannot be true.
Therefore the two equations are inconsistent and there is no solution. Another way to look at it is to say the equations are for two parallel lines that never intersect.
(2y=7-10x) mulitipy by 3
(y=3-5x) multiply by -6
0/-/3 doesnt workkk
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Could someone please check my math questions? any help will be greatly ...
- math - Could someone please show me what I did worng in my math questions? any ...
- Substitution Method-Plz help - Use the Substitution method to solve the system ...
- Algebra - Solve the system of equations using substitution. x + 4y = -5 3x - 8y...
- Algebra - Solve by addition or substitution; 10x + 2y = 7 y= -5 + 3
- math,correction - can someone correct this for me. Directions: Solve the ...
- math - can someone help me figure these literal equation out? I did them before ...
- math - can someone show me how to figure these literal equation out? I did them...
- algebra - Solve each of the following systems by using either addition or ...
- algebra - Solve for s in this equation. Depreciation. D=C-s/n This is my answer ...