Posted by Jill on Friday, May 4, 2007 at 7:52am.
I need help with this question:
Which of the following would be best
for you to do if a parent lingers in
the classroom on the first day after
their child has become happily engaged
in some activity?
1. Suggest to the parent now is the
time to say good-bye to their child.
2. Ask the parent to join the child
in her activity.
3. Allow the parent to stay as long as
You wouldn't suggest to the parent now
is the time to say good-bye, would you?
Wouldn't #3 be the most appropriate
I'd go with #1. The child is obviously engaged, and the parent needs to allow the child to develop this next step in independence.
Others may disagree, but that's what I'd do.
I think it depends upon the age of the child and whether this is a small preschool class or a regular kindergarten/first grade class. I'd let the preschool parent stay and suggest a kindergarten parent leave.
Tell momma it is time to go. Be firm. YOu can never teach kids, and keep attention focused on you and learning with moms in the room.
Double ditto....both mom and babes need to become more independent <G>
I am confused- my text says:
Allowing a child to decide when
parents should leave the room-
may help the child to experience
My text also states:
A parent can help a parent leave.
Example-"Mrs. Smith since Jane's
starting to play, it might be a good
time to tell her good-bye."
My text also states: The best policy
seems to be one that allows parents to
stay as long as necessary and helpful
to the child.
Should I still go with #1 - suggest to the parent now is the time to say good-bye to their child.
I need help
Please click Post a New Question. Then ask the question. We'll try to help you.
If the child is busy and happy, then there is no reason why the parent should not leave the room.
- Elem. Ed. - mrs.north, Sunday, September 21, 2008 at 10:11pm
I AM A PARENT,I THINK THE TEACHER NEEDS TO TAKE CHARGE OF HER OWN CLASS ROOM AND WHEN THE TEACHER FEELS ITS TIME TO GO.THAN ITS TIME TO GO,US PARENTS STICK AROUND TO MAKE OUR SELVES FEEL BETTER EVEN WHEN OUR CHILDREN ARE FINE,ITS HARD TO SAY GOOD BYE,SO TELL US WHEN YOU FEEL ITS TIME.OR WELL BE THERE ALL DAY.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Elem. Ed. - Which would not be a benefit for a child when their parent ...
- child day care - first founded as a parent cooperative, is/are one of the best ...
- edu - When a child is transitioning into your classroom, it is best for the ...
- guidance - The number of adults supervising a specific number of children in a ...
- Elem. Ed. - Can you help with this question? Which statement is not true when a ...
- Early Child Ed. - Yes. Temper tantrums are usually caused by a child's ...
- Child care - You're attempting to determine the amount of usable floor space in ...
- childcare - plz check theses When parents ask for advice that you arenít capable...
- working with parents and families - The responsibility for a parent to become ...
- Elem. Ed. - Can you please help with this question? The most well attended ...