Posted by ty on Tuesday, May 1, 2007 at 6:13pm.
Hi- we were given this question and I have no clue how to figure it out...please help!
Which gas molecules have the greatest average speed at STP?
[a] SO2( sulfur dioxide)
[b] NH3( ammonia)
[c] O2( oxygen)
[d] N20 (Dinitrogen oxide)
Ok, at stp, that means they all have the same average kinetic energy. But KE= 1/2 mv^2, so the one with the greatest speed must have the least mass.
thank you so much
chem-speed at STP - Anonymous, Wednesday, April 1, 2009 at 10:29pm
chem-speed at STP - Anna, Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 9:10pm
chem-speed at STP - Anonymous, Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 9:10pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- College Chemistry-Please - *Only need input not doing it for me. PLEASE QUESTION...
- PHYSICS - A gas cylinder contains a mixture of carbon dioxide and oxygen, which ...
- chem - hi can anyone help how do i determine the molecular formular of the oxide...
- Chemistry - What mass of sulfur must be used to produce 12.6L of sulfur dioxide...
- chemistry - (You may have seen this before) A crude oil burned in electrical ...
- CHEMISTRY 45 - Calculate the average speed of an oxygen gas molecule, O2, at 21....
- college chemistry - The solvay process in an industrial method for preparing ...
- chemistry - What weight of H2 at STP could be contained in a vessel that holds ...
- chemistry - What mass of sulfur msut be used to produce 17.1 L of gaseous sulfur...
- Chemistry 3A - how do i calculate the density of sulfur dioxide, SO2, at STP.