Posted by Mack on Friday, April 20, 2007 at 6:43pm.
How is fresh water used in industry?
a.in manufacturing processes
b.in the disposal of waste products
c.to generate power
d.all of the above
i picked b.
I'm no expert on environmental science, but wouldn't it be (d)? I thought that because:
a. People use water in manufacturing processes in a couple of ways. Rinsing things, etc.
b. To get rid of waste products.
c. Water wheels (when spun) can produce energy.
Let me know if I made a mistake. Again, I don't take an environmental science class or anything, I just thought this. Hope it helps :-)
yes your correct. THANKS! :' )
I would have said (d) as well!
- Environmental Science - Toni, Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 11:47pm
A local reporter has called you for help with an article on population growth in developing countries. He begins the article with the fact that over a billion people in developing nations live in households that have too little land to meet even their own needs for food and fuel. He wants you to help him understand the options that are available to these people. Explain the advantages and disadvantages of each of the following options.
Subdivide existing farms and redistribute the land so that everyone has enough to live on.
Combine small, inefficient, farms into larger cooperative farms that people farm jointly.
Open up new land for agriculture
Look for work in the cities
Emigrate to developed countries where opportunities are more readily available
What do you think are the best options available for people in this situation?
Answer this Question
- Environmental Science - The three major global uses of fresh water are a....
- Environmental Science - How is fresh water used in industry?
- Environmental Science - Many areas of the world that do not have adequate fresh ...
- Environmental Science - Here is another part of my test that my teacher told me ...
- Environmental Science - 1. Estimate the velocity of the groundwater flowing from...
- Environmental Science - Earth's surface water is found in a.lakes b.rivers c....
- Environmental Science - I'm having diffulculty finding the answer through this ...
- the word environmental science - can Someone put environmental science in a ...
- Environmental science - I know how environmental science branches off to various...
- Environmental Sciencee - 2. The water resources of the Earth are located in a. ...