Posted by jasmine20 on Friday, April 20, 2007 at 4:54pm.
how do i convert
-2.25 into a fraction?
OK, if dis is a calculator question, den all u gotta do is follow the steps...
1. Type into calculator -2.25 and press the equals button.
2. Press the Shift button
3. Press the button dat has ab/c
And dis should giv you a fraction
You can think of this in two parts.
-2.25 has numbers before and after the decimal.
Before the decimal, you have -2. Just leave that like it is.
After the decimal, you have 25. This is the part that really needs converted. To do that, let's look at the names of the places after the decimal:
.x = tenths
.0x = hundreths
.00x = thousandths
Since there are 2 numbers after the decimal, you are dealing with hundreths. There are 25 hundreths.
Take the fraction 25/100
So the answer (there is one more step) is
25/100 = 1/4
So you have
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - ln [1.70E-2] = ln(0.144) - (k s-1)(3609 s) Solve for k. I have a TI30 ...
- Math(Can someone please answer!!) - n [1.70E-2] = ln(0.144) - (k s-1)(3609 s) ...
- Math - In my textbook, there's an equation with log ex. log(50,000)+log(150,000...
- Computer science - How do I count how many arrays there is - what do I add to ...
- algebra - I know that 10^-2.3=5.0 * 10^-3 How do I get 10^-2.6 in the same form ...
- math - when using a calculator to find the square root of a number, which of the...
- Art - I left out these last sentences on grammar.Thank you, Writeacher. 1) If ...
- Math - I have a TI-83 Plus calculator and was wanting to plot some data from my ...
- English composition - This is my digital camera. I will explain this digiatal ...
- english - Which is the infinitive and the last word of the infinitive phrase in ...