Posted by smartypants on Friday, April 20, 2007 at 11:07am.
i would like any help or suggestions you have please as i am very stcuk on these questions thanks
here is the scene:
each phone call made to the emergency services has probability 0.02 that it is not legitimate. assume that the legitimacy of one call is independant of weather or not other calls are legitimate.
here are the questions:
choose the option that is closet to:
A) the probability that the first call which isnt legitamate occurs on the 20th call
b) the probability that they receive at least 100 calls before they receive one which isnt legitamate
c)the probability that in a 150 calls, at least one is not legitamate
the chooses of answers are:
0.003 0.014 0.048 0.133 0.668 0.681 0.867 0.952
any ideas would be great hanks
A) 19 legitimate calls followed by a on legitimate one. Probability is:
0.98^19 * 0.02
B) 100 legitimate calls, after which it doesn't matter what happens. Probability is:
Probability that all 150 are legitimate is 0.98^150, so the probablity that one or more are not legitimate is:
1 - 0.98^150
the response i got here i don't understand. what does the ^ stand for?
i have tried the way that you have said but i don't get any answers which match the ones i can choose from please please help thak you very mcuh
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - 100 people set up a phone call system so that the initial contact person ...
- English - Thank you for your help. The following questions are related to the ...
- English - Can you check the grammar in the following sentences, please? 1) The ...
- English - 1. He called me later. 2. He rang me back. 3. He gave me a ring back. ...
- math - please help cuz i been trying for ages and cant get the answer each ...
- phone charges project - Okay I need to know something about cell phones and land...
- english - hi everyone someone can say me if my dialogue it's good and say me ...
- Art - Could you please help me find examples of phrasal verbs used in phone ...
- math - Is it possible to set up a time to do a live chat with a tutor here? like...
- Probability - Suppose that you move to a new house and you are 10% sure that ...