Posted by Mary on Friday, April 20, 2007 at 2:48am.
Good morning. This is a repost. The system is telling me my calculations is incorrect. I thought a fresh pair of eyes would help. Please tell me what I am doing wrong.
Suppose a monatomic ideal gas is contained within a vertical cylinder that is fitted with a movable piston. The piston is frictionless and has a negligible mass. The area of the piston is 3.06 10-2 m2, and the pressure outside the cylinder is 1.02 105 Pa. Heat (2109 J) is removed from the gas. Through what distance does the piston drop?
For Further Reading
Physics HELP!!!!!!!! - bobpursley, Tuesday, April 17, 2007 at 9:29am
V= area *distance
You know P, area, and work. Solve for distance.
According to the formula provided
P(area x distance)= work
solve for distance
distance = work - P/ area
this is where it get confusing for me
P= 1.02 x 10^5 Pa
A= 3.06 x 10^-2 m^2
W= ? I am unsure how to get he value of work
For Further Reading
Physics, still don't get it! - bobpursley, Wednesday, April 18, 2007 at 10:38pm
Work is heat, and heat is work. It was given.
Physics, still don't get it! - Mary, Wednesday, April 18, 2007 at 11:10pm
Please check my working out. The system is saying it is wrong.
PV = W
PV = 2109J
V = 2109J/ 1.02 X 10^5Pa
V = 0.020676471m^3
Area x distance = 0.020676471m^3
distance = 0.020676471/ 3.06 x 10^-2m^2
distance = 0.6757 m
Physics, still don't get it! - bobpursley, Wednesday, April 18, 2007 at 11:16pm
I dont see anything wrong.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics- drwls please check - Good morning. This is a repost. The system is ...
- Physic please check - A person stands 4.2 m in front of a wall that is covered ...
- history - on the 1st page can someone please help me??????? Its the 2nd and 3rd ...
- physics-repost - An owl has good night vision because its eyes can detect a ...
- drwl / bobpursley please check - I had posted three questions at 1:48pm, 2:40pm ...
- Physics repost - FM radio stations use radio waves with frequencies from 88.0 to...
- algebra - Can someone please help me with this? Solve x^3-3x^2-10x=0 by ...
- question repost damon - Since some tutors dont check back, i want to repost this...
- REPOST - CAN someone please give me a good idea as how to find information for ...
- English - When is greatness is a bad thing. Please dont say when it is misused. ...