Posted by abdo on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 at 2:37pm.
I need to prove that the following is true. Thanks
(2tanx /1-tan^x)+(1/2cos^2x-1)= (cosx+sinx)/(cosx - sinx)
and thanks ...........
check your typing.
I tried 30º, the two sides are not equal, they differ by 1
oh , thank you Mr Reiny I'll tell my teacher this Question is Wrong .
look at your first term
what does tan^x mean?
I want you to check what you typed here with your question.
Mr Reiny ,
I tried 30º, the two sides are equal
Yes, if the term at the bottom is tan^2 x,
you typed tan^x, and I read it as tan x
I got the proof, give me a bit of time to type it
I'm sorry Mr Reiny you are right it is tan^2x .
2tanx/(1-tan^2x) + 1/(2cos^2x -1)
= 2sinx/cosx [1/(1-sin^2x/cos^2x)] + 1/(2cos^2x -(sin^2x + cos^2x))
=2sinx/cosx [cos2x/(cos^2x - sin^2x)] + 1/(cos^2x - sin^2x) reduce to get same denominator
=2sinxcosx/(cos^2x-sin^2x) + 1/(cos^2x-sin^2x)
=(2sinxcosx + sin^2x + cos^2x)/(cos^2x-sin^2x)
=(cosx+sinx)/(cosx - sinx)
= Right Side!!!!!
thank you Mr Reiny
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Trig........ - I need to prove that the following is true. Thanks (cosx / 1-sinx...
- Trig - Verify the identity: tanx(cos2x) = sin2x - tanx Left Side = (sinx/cosx)(...
- Pre-Calc - Trigonometric Identities Prove: (tanx + secx -1)/(tanx - secx + 1)= ...
- Trigonometry Check - Simplify #3: [cosx-sin(90-x)sinx]/[cosx-cos(180-x)tanx] = [...
- Trigonometry - Prove the following trigonometric identities. please give a ...
- Precalculus/Trig - I can't seem to prove these trig identities and would really ...
- math - tanx+secx=2cosx (sinx/cosx)+ (1/cosx)=2cosx (sinx+1)/cosx =2cosx ...
- trigonometry - can i use factoring to simplify this trig identity? the problem ...
- Pre-calc - prove the identity: (cosx)(tanx + sinx cotx)=sinx+cos(squared)x i ...
- Trig - prove the identity (sinX)^6 +(cosX)^6= 1 - 3(sinX)^2 (cosX)^2 sinX^6= ...