Posted by Devon on Monday, April 16, 2007 at 9:14pm.
find the exact solutions
the way it stands, that is a "nasty" question.
Are you sure the second term isn't 2sin(2x) ?
no, its as i wrote it.
then it's got me stymied, I must be missing something rather obvious, sorry!
thanks for trying!
2-2sin^2x + 3 sinx=0
sin^2 x - 3/2 sin x - 1=0
sinx= (3/2 +-sqrt(9/4 +4) /2
sinx= 3/4 +- 5/4
sin x= -1/2 works.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Solving Trig Equations - Solve each equation for 0 is less than and equal...
- trig - how can i find all the exact solutions to the equation : 2cos^2x + 3sinx...
- trig - 2sin(x)cos(x)+cos(x)=0 I'm looking for exact value solutions in [0, 3...
- help, bobpursely - Please take a look at DEVON's trig equation at 9:14 I must be...
- Vector Calculus - Hello...i had a question. I would really appreciate it if ...
- math - the problem is 2cos^2x + sinx-1=0 the directions are to "use an identity ...
- Math, derivatives - f(x) = x≤ + 2Cos≤x, find f ' (x) a) 2(x+cos x) b) x - sin x ...
- trig - find the exact solutions (¶» in degrees) sin^2¶»+2cos¶»=-2 range= 0°‹¶»&...
- trig - What is the shift along x of the following trig functions? y = (3sinx/2...
- equations trig - 2cos^2x-3sinx=0