Posted by Davonna and Dewey on Monday, April 16, 2007 at 7:50am.
We both asked these questions yesterday but we are both confused.
1.Giardiaqsis is a communicable illness
A. through direct and indirect
contact with infected fecal
B. by touching the moist lining
of the eyes and nose.
2. Lyme disease is caused by:
A. a parasite
B. a virus
We are confused with the first question
because we are thinking giardsis can be
transmitted by touching the moist lining of the nose and mouth. We know it is transmitted through direct and
indirect contact with infected fecal
material. Would the correct answer be
(A) or (B)?
2. Lyme disease is a bacterial illness,
but is it caused by a virus or a
Aren't the infected ticks a parasite?
But a bacterial illness is a virus,
Which would be the correct answer for
the second question?
a virus, or a parasite?
Please reply, we both are confused!
I think you mean Giardiasis. This is caused by a type of single-celled organism called a protozoon that lives in the gut. It is one of the world's most common causes of diarrhoeal illness and is spread by ingesting fecal contaminated materials.
Lyme disease as you say is a bacterial illness carried by a tick. Bacteria are not viruses.
This should give you enough information.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Health - Is giardiasis transmitted through direct and indirect contact with ...
- Disease Question - Can you help with this question? Giardiasis is a communicable...
- Geography - 6. Which of the following conditions does not describe how ...
- Health (Ms. Sue)--Is my answer correct? - Compare the ways that HIV can and ...
- Sentence Editing - For example, a female may make her eyes appear rounder by ...
- BUSINESS COMMUNICATION - Can someone please help me.. What questions should an ...
- whats going on? - Hi. I posted both the questions about batteries and volatic ...
- Math - Jack and Jill campared their results on their last exam.Jack had 40 ...
- English - 1. When our eyes met, I was on cloud nine. 2. When our eyes met, I was...
- french - I am confused with direct object pronoun and indirect object pronoun, ...