Posted by jasmine20 on Sunday, April 15, 2007 at 4:45pm.
how can i simplify this more its for the following problem:
solve by using the quadratic formual.
this is where i am but i do not know how to go further.
x = (4 (+/-) sqrt (-4))/(10)
Solve by completing the square.
i started using the quadratic formula.
but i am up to this point
x = (-2 (+/-) sqrt (-44))/(8)
in #22 you are right so far.
Have you learned about imaginary or complex numbers.
If not, at this point you would say,
"there is no real solution"
for #23 you are not supposed to use the quadratic equation.
Use the method I showed you in the last post to you, but you have to divide all terms by 4 to get x^2 at the front
x^2 + 1/2 x = 3/4
now take 1/2 of the 1/2 which is 1/4, square that and add 1/16 to both sides of the equation to keep the equality.
let me know what your got.
i don't know what you mean half of the half but how do know to take that half.and where did you get the 1/16
can you show me.
write down that step of what you refer to please.
1/2 of 1/2 = 1/2 * 1/2 = 1/4
If you have half a pizza and you take half of that, how much pizza do you have?
I had to square 1/4 ---> (1/4)(1/4)= 1/16
I need help NOW because report cards are comming out tommorow and I have a F in math
Answer this Question
- math,correction - Problem 10 use the quadratic formula to solve each of the ...
- math,help - i am stuck with this problem: Problem #12 Solve by using the ...
- math - how would you solve for y in this problem: x=(y^2+3y)^(1/3) would it ...
- English - 1. He can not solve the math problem. 2. He cannot solve the math ...
- Math - Help please on how to solve the following problem: If E,N,O,T, and W each...
- Math - How can I find the point of intersection of the graphs x^2=y=4 and 2x-y=1...
- Math - Can someone please explain how to solve 3x^2+7x-15=0 by using the ...
- Algebra 2 (Quadratic Equations) - Is the point (-3, -2) a solution of the ...
- HELP MATH - how would u simplify this problem i think it is 60 --- x^6 am i ...
- College Algebra - I could not figure out the answer to this Problem: The ...