Posted by leelee on Sunday, April 15, 2007 at 12:02am.
how do u mutiply decimals
and how do u make a decimal into a fraction
do you mean long-hand??
write down the numbers the way you would whole numbers, skipping the decimal
perform the multiplication as if you had no decimals
count up the total number of decimal places in the two multipliers.
count off that many places in your answer going from right to left and mark the decimal place.
eg 3.41 x 52.6
179366 -------> total of 3 decimal places needed
so 3.41 x 52.6 = 179.366
for your second question:
write down the number without the decimal place.
Divide by 10 if there is one decimal place, by 100 if you have 2 decimal places, by 1000 if you have 3 decimal places etc.
reduce your fraction to lowest terms
Does the longhand method of multiplication look familiar? Or are you more familiar with a multiplication grid?
- math - Anonymous, Friday, February 13, 2015 at 5:41pm
Answer this Question
- wait that was the rong question... this is my ques - What is 3 and 1 over 2 as a...
- math - how to subtract numbers with decimals Line up the decimal points and ...
- algebra - true or false 1. fraction cant be written as decimal. 2. natural ...
- math againn (converting decimals) - Write 6.4% as a decimal and as a fraction. ...
- Math - What are irrational, rational, and natural numbers? A rational number is ...
- Math - Can someone help me with this problem? A) Separate the fractions 2/6, 2/5...
- math,algebra - Directions:Multiply (-1/2)(-3/8) mY ANSWER : .1875 Now how do i ...
- math - Decimal numbers with digits both before and after the decimal point, such...
- fractions and decimals - Use the four numbers in each line to make a fraction ...
- math,conversition - how do i convert -2.25 into a fraction? OK, if dis is a ...