Posted by crystine cole on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 at 9:48pm.
what is the mass of a lead block that if heated to 100.0 dgrs C and placed in a container with 50.0g of ice at 0.00dgrs C produces a final water sample of 15.0dgrs C? Sh of Pb= 0.128J/g dgrsC step by step solution and answer
q1 for Pb block = mass x sp.h. x (Tf - Ti).
mass Pb = X
sp.h. Pb = listed
Tf = 15.0
Ti = 100.0
q2 for ice at zero degrees to melt to water at zero degrees is mass x delta H fusion. Be sure to use J/g for the unit.
mass = 50.0 g
delta H = ?? J/g.
q3 for water at zero to be heated to 15.0 degrees = mass x sp.h. x (Tf - Ti)
mass H2O = 50 g.
sp.h. water = ?? J/g*C.
Tf = 15.0
Ti = 0.0
q1+q2+q3 = 0
solve for X.
The sum of the heats gained is zero (some lose heat).
Heat gained lead+ heatgainedice=0
m*Cpb*(100-Tf)+ 50*Heatfusionice + 50*cwater*(Tf-0)=0
you are given Tf, solve for m.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - A 110.-g sample of copper (specific heat capacity = 0.20 J/°C · g) ...
- Chemistry - A sample of silver with a mass of 63.3g is heated to a temperature ...
- Physics!!!Please Help! - -Steam at 100 ˇăC is mixed with 166.4 g of ice at ¨C32....
- chem - A small “coffee cup” calorimeter contains 110. g of H2O at 22.0°C. A 100...
- chemistry - A small “coffee cup” calorimeter contains 110. g of H2O at 22.0°C. A...
- Physics- - -Steam at 100 ˇăC is mixed with 166.4 g of ice at ¨C32.8 ˇăC, in a ...
- chem - A sample of silver with a mass of 63.3 g is heated to a temperature of ...
- college chemistry - a 1.0kg sample of metal with a specific heat of 0.50KJ/Kg C...
- physics - A 40-g block of ice is cooled to −71°C and is then added to 590...
- physics - A 40-g block of ice is cooled to −71°C and is then added to 590 ...