Posted by jasort20 on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 at 4:43pm.
This is what the directions state to do:
(A) Complete the table,(B)describe the resulting graphs by identifying the vertex point, (c) the graph’s direction, (d) and any axis intercepts gleaned from the table or graph.
Equation is : y = -x + 1
so These are my answers:
(A) Table : (i am going to give it in corrdinate points)
(-1 , 2 )
(B) There is no vertex & no axis of symmetry.
(C) The direction fo line is increasing on the left and decreasing on the right.
(D) Axis of intercepts are : (0,1) and (1,0)
Problem #2 (same directions as one)
Equation: y =x^2 -4x
(-1 , 5 )
axis of symmetry x = 2
(c) The direction of the parabola opens upward because the coefficient has a positive x^2.
(d) Axis intercepts are : (0,0) and (4,0)
thank you bobpursley
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math, algebra,graphs help - THe directions state: (A)Complete the table, (B) ...
- geometry - graph the following 2 graphs - y=2x+3 and y=2x-4. a)state the ...
- algebra - Which of the following best describe the graph of a quadratic equation...
- math help,algebra - Okay this is what i have to do but i think i am doing ...
- math - graph y=-2x and y=-x squared what points do the graphs have in common? ...
- Exploring Quadratic Graphs - ok, I totally did not get this question at all. ...
- Algebra 1 - Describe how the graphs of y =IXI nand ym = IXI -15 are related. 1- ...
- Math - For the graph y find both x-intercepts by solving the equation 3x^2 - 24x...
- Graphs&Intercepts - Write a sentence comparing the graphs of equations with a ...
- College Algebra - 1.Answer the following for the given quadratic function. f(x...