Posted by Nikki on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 at 1:13pm.
Many children grow up with a considerble
amount of violence in their lives protrayed in movies,video games,television,witnesing family
violence,or being victims of child
abuse themselves. Research on the effects of violence on children indicates:
1.that all children exposed to violence
2.that violence often has lasting and
damaging psychological effects.
3.that children exposed to violence will
develop mental illness.
4.that young children are actually quiet
resilient to the effects of violence.
Would the most appropriate answer be
(2)that violence often has lasting and
damaging psychological effects?
Or would (3)be the best answer?
I would go with #3 of those choices.
I think number 2 is the best answer. Number three depends on the definition of "mental illness". If nightmares, avoidance of war movies, or disbelief in the rightness of our government is mental illness, then violence in Vietnam made me mentally ill. So to me, number three is arguable, but hinges on what is a mental illness. Number two seems a better choice.
I agree with BobPursley. Number two says "often . . ." The other choices make flat statements. Not everyone reacts to violence in the same way.
Sorry 'bout that.... I agree with Bob and Sue... next time I promise to wear my glasses when reading the screen!!!!!
For whatever it's worth, I go with #2 also.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- teacher aides - 17. Which of the following statements is true in families where ...
- AP psychology - Regarding the impact of watching television violence on ...
- Human Growth - Social learning theorists such as Bandura are most likely to link...
- hum/176 - In this week's video, Bill Goodykoontz discusses the effects of ...
- Criminal Justice/Domestic Violence - Children are at risk for being victimized ...
- ENGL - These three questions I am having difficulty in solving. Can you help me ...
- Domestic Violence - Which of the following is an example of violence against ...
- psy - )]}> Many are concerned that playing violent games may lead to violent ...
- Criminal Justice/Domestic Violence - Researchers recommend that future responses...
- flaws help please asap - In a 1995 Corporation for Public Broadcasting poll of ...