Post a New Question

Personal injury/ laws

posted by on .

i have question about me and my friend

suppose me and my friend (soura) are hinking in colorado mountains, there is dog by its owner, who is from Wyoming, bites my friend caused him injury. I want my friend to sue the owner of dog, but my friend doesnt want to incur the cost. what can be true? I want to know

a. I don't have standing to sue the owner of dog

b. I will have standing only if my friend files the lawsuit in Wyoming.

c. whether i has standing depends on whether i file the suit in state or federal court.

d. I have standing if my friend consents to me filing the suit.

e. My presence at the time of my friend's injury gives him standing to file suit.

I really am confused, can you tell me which option we have?

I think the answer is a. Only the aggrieved party can file a civil suit. Answer e. means that if your friend files the suit, you might be called as a witness.

Answer This Question

First Name:
School Subject:

Related Questions

More Related Questions

Post a New Question