Posted by TOMMY on Tuesday, April 3, 2007 at 2:50pm.
The cost of producing a number of items x is given by: C = mx + b
In which b is the fixed cost and m is the variable cost (the cost of producing one more item).
(a) If the fixed cost is $40 and the variable cost is $10, write the cost equation.and then graph
to graph this it would be (0,40)
to graph it would be (0,50)
the next part
The revenue generated from the sale of x items is given by R = 50x. Graph the
revenue equation on the same set of axes as the cost equation.
MY A) R=C
I am not sure if i did this part right
I do not know what to graph any help would be appreciated
How many items must be produced for the revenue to equal the cost (the
break-even point)? I can not get to solve this part yet until i figure the other out
On the revenue function, graph y= 50 x
that is the equation.
for breakeven, do what you did in the revenue section. Set R= C and solve for x.
A consultant traveled 7 hours to attend a meeting. The return trip took only 6 hours because the speed was 10 miles per hour faster. What was the consultant's speed each way?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- business and finance - The cost of producing a number of items x is given by C=...
- math,algebra,help - Problem states: Business and finance. The cost of producing ...
- math - I did the first part how would i graph it. Problem: Business and finance...
- algebra - The cost of producing a number of items x is given by C = mx + b, in ...
- math - * I posted this before, but I left out the equation, sorry. A company ...
- algebra help please - Business and finance. The cost of producing a number of ...
- Math - average rate problems(check + help) - The total cost, c, in dollars of ...
- word problems in algebra - The cost of producing a number of items x is given by...
- math - The daily cost C, in RM, of producing a product is C(x)=1000+72x-0.06x^2...
- Basic math for science - A sportswear manufacture determines that the marginal ...