Posted by jacky on Saturday, March 31, 2007 at 3:37am.
Is this correct or wrong?
Find the slope of the line passing through the points(-1, -1)and(-1, 2). Write the equation of the line.
For this one I KEEP GETTING
Y= - (3)/(2)x-2.5
Find the y-intecept and slope of
Slope is: - (9)/(8)
The equation of a straight line is given by
In your example
substitute and find the slope
In the second part the general equation of a straight line is given by
y=mx+c where m=slope and c=intercept.
you need to compare the equation given with the general equation, but to do that they need to be in the same form
but 7x+9y=72 is not in this form
To get you started subtract 7x from each side:
but this is still not in the correct form so you still need to rearrange it.
Answer this Question
- math - i have more than one question so if u no any of the answers please tell ...
- Math , correction - correct Write the equation of the line passing through each ...
- alg. - Find the slope of the line passing through the points (–2, 1) and (3, 9...
- Algebra - Can someone check my answers? 1. Write the equation of the line that ...
- algebra - Find the slope of any line perpendicular to the line through the ...
- Algebra - I'm suppose to write an equation with the following information: Line ...
- math, correction - bobpursley. i'm still questioning the problem states find the...
- math,correction - find the slope of any line perpendicualr to the line through ...
- math - graph the line with slope 1/2 passing through the point(-5,-2) find the ...
- College Math - There is a question > Write the slope intercept form of the ...