Posted by susane on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 at 7:09am.
Four 20-ohm resistors are connected in series and the combination is connected to a 20 V emf device. The current in any one of the resistors is:
A) .25 A
B) 1.0 A
c) 4.0 A
D) 5.0 A
E) 100 A
My answer: A
R= 20 + 20 + 20 + 20 =80
A battery with an emf of 24 V is connected to a 6 ohm resistor. As a result, current of 3 A exists in the resistor. The terminal potential diference of the battery is:
B) 6 V
c) 12 V
D) 18 V
E) 24 V
My answer is D 18V. It wants to know the terminal resistance so V=IR or
V=6 *3= 18 V
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - Thanks for any help :) Four 20 ohm resistors are connected in parallel...
- physics (please help) - Four 20 ohm resistors are connected in parallel and the ...
- physics - Four 20 ohm resistors are connected in series and the combination is ...
- physics - Four resistors are connected to a battery with a terminal voltage of ...
- Physics- HELP PLEASE:) - 4.) Three 20-Ù resistors are connected in series to a 9...
- Physics - 1)Four resistors of 10.0 each are connected in parallel. A combination...
- physics - the effective resistacce of two resistors connected in series is 100 ...
- Physics - A series combination of two resistors of resistance 12 Ù and 8 Ù is ...
- Physics repost - Four resistors of 10.0 each are connected in parallel. A ...
- Physics Electric Circuits - 3. A 15.0 ohm resistor is connected in series to a ...