Posted by linds on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 at 12:03am.
express this in sinx
(1/ cscx + cotx )+ (1/cscx- cotx)
i got 2sinx is that right??
express in cosx
problem: is 1 + cotx/cscx - sin^2x
i get to the step of 1 + cos-sin^2x and im stuck..help!
(1/cscx + cotx) + (1/cscx - cotx) =
(sinx + cosx/sinx) + (sinx - cosx/sinx) =
You are correct on that one!
Note: 1 - sin^2x = cos^2x
1 + cotx/cscx - sin^2x =
1 + cosx - sin^2x =
cos^2x + cosx
cosx (cosx + 1)
I hope this helps.
somebody posted the same question before, but they had it as
1/(cscx+cotx) + 1/(cscx - cotx)
this would reduce to 2csc x
which in terms of sinx would be 2/sinx
trig - Jill, Monday, May 16, 2011 at 5:05pm
csc2x + 1 = 0
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- calculus - express in sinx 1 1 ---------- + -------- cscx + cotx cscx - cotx and...
- Precalculus/Trig - I can't seem to prove these trig identities and would really ...
- drwls - My previous question: Verify that (secx/sinx)*(cotx/cscx)=cscx is an ...
- Calculus - Integrate 1/sinx dx using the identity sinx=2(sin(x/2)cos(x/2)). I ...
- Math - Verify the identity . (cscX-cotX)^2=1-cosX/1+cosX _______ sorry i cant ...
- trigonometry - can i use factoring to simplify this trig identity? the problem ...
- ap calc bc - hi! ok, i know that deriv(cscx) = -cscxcotx and that deriv(cos) = -...
- Pre-Calculus - Find a numerical value of one trigonometric function of x if tanx...
- Math - Im really struggling with these proving identities problems can somebody ...
- AP calculus BC - hello i know that deriv(cscx) = -cscxcotx and that deriv(cos...