Posted by sara on Friday, March 23, 2007 at 9:38pm.
I am really confussed on this question can some one help me out please
the length of a rectangular playing field is 5 ft less than twice its width If the perimeter of the playing field is 230 ft. find the length and width of the field.
I believe i am suppose to start with
I am lost after that plaese help
2L + 2W= P
but L+5= 2w
2L + L+5= P so figure what L is.
lets see if i am done this right
did I do this right
Then you must calculate W.
Then see if 2L + 2W = 230.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - The length of a rectangular playing field is 5ft. less than twice its ...
- math - the length of a rectangular playing field is 5ft less than twice its ...
- geometry - what do I do to solve this problem? I don't know how to work it out, ...
- Geometry - The length of a rectangular playing feild is 5ft lessthan twice the ...
- algerbra 2 - the perimeter of the rectangular playing field is 462 yards. The ...
- basic geometry - A rectangle has width the same asa a side of a square whose ...
- basic geometric - 10. a rectangle has width the same as a side of a square whose...
- algebra - The length of a rectangular garden is 5 ft less than 3 times its width...
- math - what would the dimensions of a retangle be whose perimeter is 50(P=50)...
- geometric - The perimeter of a rectangular carpet is 70feet. The with is three -...