Posted by Joe on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 at 7:25pm.
Can someone check my answers? Thanks.
1.) If you were involved in an acid rain monitoring project with several other samplers, why would it be important that all of you collect your samples on the same day and do the alkalinity tests within 24 hours?
Acid rain on another day may not have the same pH as the rain on that day. The pH may also decrease over time.
2.) A student did an alkalinity determination correctly, except that the sample titrated had a volume of 90.0 mL. Volume A was found to be 4.50 mL and Volume B was 7.00 mL.
a)Calculate the alkalinity value from these data and then calculate the correct value.
answer = 2.02mL^-1
b)What percent error would there be?
answer = .99%
c) Would there be an error in the classification of the stream? Explain concisely.
There would not have been an error in the classification. It was just a measurement error in this case.
3) EPA acidity tests can be performed by titrating a water sample to a pH of 8.2. What titrant in what concentration would you suggest for EPA acidity determinations?
The titrant I would suggest for EPA acidity determinations is sulfuric acid under a standard concentration.
Answered partially above.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- chem - if you were invoolved in an acid rain monitoring project with several ...
- Chemistry - Can someone check my answers? Thanks. 1.) If you were involved in an...
- Chemistry (3rd time I've posted this) - Can someone check my answers? I've ...
- English - 1. Can you give me a rain check? 2. Can I take a rain check? 3. Can I ...
- Algebra 2 - Can someone please check these answers for me?? I'm pretty sure most...
- science - Is acid rain a homogeneous or heterogeneous mixture? If we mean that ...
- Asap can someone pplz check these answers - Please check my answers I have 2 do ...
- Chemistry(Please check) - 1) The Ka for acetic acid is 1.8e-5. What is the pH of...
- Chemistry (URGENT) - I have a test soon. If you can help me with these questions...
- TO MS SUE - Please check my answers to my question, I posted this question ...