Posted by jasort20 on Sunday, March 18, 2007 at 1:41am.
subtract. Express your answer in simplest form
(3x)/(18) minus (x)/(18)
(3x-x)/(18) = (2x)/(18)
write in simplest form.
(3)/(15) = .60
x^5-12 = x^-7
so my answer is: .60x^-7
Add. express your answer in simplest form.
(x)/(6) + (3x)/(6)
my answer= (4x)/(6)
#1 : Yes, but one more step. You can take the 2 and the 18 and figure out how to reduce those. So it would be 1x/9 (Or just x/9)
#2: 3/15 = .2 On a technical level, .2x^-7 would be a correct answer. But not in its simplest form. 1/5 is the same as 3/15, so we can write it like:
#3 One more step. What can you do with the 4 and 6? (Clue: Look at my reply to question #1 above)
my question is how is the answer
if the exponent is a negative 7? and you have it as a positive 7
and for problem # 3
would then the last step be:
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra 2 - Would some one look at these problems and see if I got them right ...
- math,help - i am having difficulty with this problem can someone help me. ...
- math, algebra,correction & help - directions are: write each fraction in ...
- math, correction - Add or subtract as indicated. Express your result in simplest...
- math,correction - Write each fraction in simplest form. #18 (-5x^3y^3)/(-20xy^4...
- math,correction - Geometry. Find the perimeter of the given figure. tHE Figure ...
- math,help - subtract. express your answer in simplest form (2)/(5) minus (y)/(y-...
- Math(7th grade) - What is the denominator of 13/107 in simplest form?PLz help! I...
- math,correction - Add or subtract as indicated. Express your result in simplest ...
- Algebra - Can someone verify if my answers are correct? Solve. 1/x+6-1/x-6 My ...