Posted by Kim on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 at 10:33pm.
I am having trouble with -4less than or equal to -3x-13 less than or equal to 26
-4 < -3x-13 < 26
Add 13 to all three parts of the inequality.
9 < 3x < 39
Divide all three parts by 3.
3 < x < 13
The < signs should all be "less than or equal, but I can't type that symbol with this computer
Take it apart into 2 statements
now combine it into -13<=x<=-3
or you could do it the way it sits
divide by -3, remember to reverse the inequality sign
which is the same result as in my first solution.
drwls, you missed the -sign in front of the 3x.
Answer this Question
- Math - Tanker boats cannot be in the bay when the depth of water is less or ...
- calc ii - if we know that 12 is less than or equal to f(x) which is less than or...
- Algebra - What is the length of the interval of solutions to the inequality 1 ( ...
- Algebra inequality - I have to choose a variable and write inequality For less ...
- Algebra - The three-part inequality a < x ¡Ü b means "a is less than x and x ...
- algebra 1 - 1)write an inequality a. the sum of three times a number and 2 lies ...
- Algebra 2 - write the compound inequality 3.1 less then or equal to m less than ...
- algebra 2 - 1. 5x+2>3x+10 =x>4 2. 8+2x< or equal too 6x-20 x> or ...
- Rational Inequality with Absolute Value - Here's a question I'm having trouble ...
- Math - Solve the compound inequality -1 < X - 2 LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO 7 Your ...