Posted by vero on Sunday, March 11, 2007 at 8:04pm.
The width of a rectangle is 6 centimeters less than the lenght. The perimeter is 64 centimeteres . would you please help me, answer these work. than you.
L = length
W = width
2L + 2W = perimeter = 64 cm
W+6cm = L
Solve the two equations simultaneously for W and L.
Post your work if you get stuck.
Well I don't know How to get it if I have to multiply or od i 2L + 2w what do I do I' m sorry but have so much trouble do in these work
You need to read your text or your notes on how to solve simultaneous equations. Basically, you solve for L in terms of W to eliminate one of the unknowns, then solve for that unknown.
well i only have the the question and that it these is what is in the book . Two angles of a triangle are 40 degrees and 62 degrees; what is the third angle's measure?
the width of a rectangle is 6 centimeters than the length . the perimeter is 64 centimeters . zI soryy but thats all i have in my book.
2L + 2W = 64cm
W + 6cm = L
substitue the value of L back into the first formula.
2(W + 6cm)+ 2W = 64cm
2W + 12cm + 2W = 64cm
4W + 12cm = 64cm
4W = 64cm - 12cm
4W = 52cm
W = 52cm/4
therefore L = W + 6cm
substitue the value of W into the equation above to find the value of L.
L = 13cm + 6cm
L = 19cm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- basic geometric - 10. a rectangle has width the same as a side of a square whose...
- basic geometry - A rectangle has width the same asa a side of a square whose ...
- Math - The length of a rectangle is 5 inches less than 3 times the width. The ...
- geometric - The perimeter of a rectangular carpet is 70feet. The with is three -...
- Math - The length of a rectangle is 14 centimeters less than twice its width. ...
- Basic Algebra - The width of a rectangle is x inches long. The length of that ...
- geomety please help - the perimeter of a recatngle is 54 inches. The width is ...
- Algebra - If the trend continued, in how many years would the median home value ...
- geometry - what do I do to solve this problem? I don't know how to work it out, ...
- algebra - If trend for the depreciation of the press continued, what would be ...