Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, March 11, 2007 at 7:05pm.
your manager at work has advised you that you and two of your coworkers will be visiting a branch of your company in another country. Select a country that you would like to learn more about. Then, conduct an internet or library search regarding the nonverbal and verbal communication styles in that country
Sounds like an interesting assignment. Let us know when you have a question
It looks as if what you need to do is learn how to conduct thorough and effective searches for yourself. That's what research
is, and I'm sure that's what your teacher expects you to do -- conduct research. You are searching for information that is so specific that you have to be prepared for the possibility that none of it may be online. Or some may be, and some may not. In addition to searching on the Internet, you also need to make best friends with the reference librarian(s) in your local or college library.
At this webpage, you can go immediately to the search sites (first three columns across the top) -- or even better
you can scroll down until you see the section called HOW TO SEARCH THE INTERNET
. Those are the links to start with. You'll not only learn how to come up with good search terms, but also how to evaluate the webpages you get as results. Some will be good and others will be garbage. You need to know how to tell the difference.
My favorite way to search is to go to Google's advanced search page
> and put my search words or phrases into the first or second search box (either "all the words" or "exact phrase"). However, there many other strategies for searching you can use, and the HOW TO SEARCH THE INTERNET
section will help you best.
Learning to use Google or other search engines can save you time and help you learn to find information efficiently. Here are some websites that can teach you how:
... and one to help you judge whether a particular website's information is worth your time:
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- CULTURAL COMMUNICATION - Your manager at work has advised you that you and two ...
- Grammar - Read the following scenario: Your manager at work has advised you that...
- COM 215 - Your manager at work has advised you that you and two of your ...
- English - She wishes to visit the country whose scenery is beautiful. (In this ...
- Economics - Based on the total world trade share with the given information, ...
- physics homework - An ocean liner going from country a to country b stops for a ...
- International business - I have to select a company and country that interests ...
- Finance - Select a company and country that interests you. You have been asked ...
- Internation business - Select a company and country that interests you. You have...
- Business - I am trying to write a 1500 words review of two articles that are ...