Posted by Anonymous on Saturday, March 10, 2007 at 11:05am.
On a piece of paper draw and label a right triangle using the given sides, solve for the unknown side and write the trigonometric functions for angles A and B, if a=5 and c=7.
I already found side b which equals 2 sqrts of 6.
Now I need to find the sin/cos of B
If someone can tell me what values to put for sine and cosine I can do the rest. Thanks!
An easy way to remeber these rules is SOHCAHTOA. S is sine C is cosine and T is tangent. The other letters tell you what to use to find them. O is opposite A is adjacent and H is hypotoneuse. So the sine of B would be 2 sqrts of 6 (opposite) over 7(hypot.)
then to find cosine you would use 5(adjacent) over 7(hypot.)
would this still be the answer even though they were the same answers for angle A?
sin A = side opposite/hypotenuse = 5/7
sin B = side opposite/hypotenuse = 2(sqrt 6)/7
sin B and cos B will give the same answer for angle B. You can subtract angle B from 90o to obtain angle A or use sin A = a/c = 5/7
Angle A is angle A is angle A. =).
It matters little if you use sin, cos, tan, cot, or whatever, you will always get the same answers for angles A, B, and C as long as the sides don't change length.
I get the part you are saying but could you or someone help me with how to plug it in to a calculator and solve it? It'd help a bunch
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math sin/cos - On a piece of paper draw and label a right triangle using the ...
- Inverse trigonometric function - How to solve without calculator 1. sin(arctan(...
- Math - Yesterday I learned to solve a right triangle assuming I know the 3 ...
- math - trig - Suppose ABC is a right triangle with sides of lengths a, b, and c ...
- Trigonometry - There is an arbitrary triangle with angles A, B, and C and sides ...
- Evaluation-repost - Reposting because it has gone down to the second page! ...
- Geometry - x ________________<20* |<90* y | |<70* (hypotenuse length ...
- calculus - For trigonometric substitution to solve the above integral, fill in ...
- Math - I recently inquired how to solve a right triangle. I was referred to the ...
- Trigonometry - I need help with I just can't seem to get anywhere. this is as ...