Posted by mike on Thursday, March 8, 2007 at 9:35am.
Are these right?
xy - 3x - 8y + 24
4x^2 + 20x + 5y +xy
I don't think so it's right.Your question xy-3x-8y+24 is itself the answer.It cannot be further calculated bcause it doesn't have the terms containing the same variables.
If you are factoring then no. Using the commutative and associative properties I can rewrite the equation:
xy - 3x - 8y +24
xy -8y -3x +24
y(x-8) -3(x-8) -factor by grouping
(x-8)(y-3) factor out the (x-8)
Sorry forgot to answer the second one for you. You use the same techniques.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Calculus - Find the equation of the tangent plane at the given point. 1)x^2+y^2-...
- algebra - 6x^3/36x)*(49v^4/7v^2) =[(6/36)*(x^3-1)]*[(49/7)*(v^4-2)] =[(x^2)/6]*(...
- algebra - 36x^2 - 49y^2 divided by 6x + 7y meaning 36x^2 - 49y^2 is on top and ...
- ALGEBRA/AM I CORRECT? - THANK YOU! Solve by substitution 3x+6y=6; -6x+y=40 My ...
- math - divide 36x^8-24x^6+20x^3/-4x^3
- Math - Divide (24x^8-36x^6+20x^3)/(-4x^3) I got -5.91005E11
- Math - I am trying to find the standard form of this equation for an ellipse. ...
- Math(Please check) - I am trying to find the standard form of this equation for ...
- Algebra/%%$#!!! - F(x)=1/4 (x+7)^2+7 Looking for the vertex and the max or min ...
- Algebra - x^3-36x over x^2+7x+6, divided by 6x^2-x^3 over x^2+x I know the right...