Posted by maria on Wednesday, March 7, 2007 at 9:07pm.
can you show me the steps for this problem (2x)to the 4th power (3xcubed)squared
I'd like to help you, but I'm not sure what this problem is supposed to be. You can use the symbol ^ when using exponents. For example, 2x to the 4th power can be typed 2x^4. Perhaps you can repost with a clearer example.
i'm going to write the problem a little differently for simplicity. the carrots show "to the power of..." the parenthesis means multiply
first you are going to mulitply the exponents for the term (3x^3)^2:
so now you have ((2x)^4)(3x^6)
now you combine everything. add the exponents together:
and multiply the 3 and 2:
If your problem is as Marie has stated, then you can proceed as follows:
(2x)^4 * (3x^3)^2 -->I'll use * to mean multiply.
(2x)^4 = 16x^4 -->take 2^4 and x^4, since there are parentheses around 2x.
(3x^3)^2 = 9x^6 -->square the 3 and x^3.
Multiplying the two together:
16x^4 * 9x^6 = 144x^10
I hope this is what you were asking.
oh! sorry! i forgot to distribute the exponent to the numbers, i just distributed to the variablees. MathGuru is correct. Agian, sorry. Thanks MathGuru for catching my mistake!!!
Glad to help!
Answer this Question
- algebra 1 - Can someone please help me with this inequality problem -3-8>(4x+...
- algebra 2 - I am so stuck on this factoring thing. how do you solve: 1)15a(...
- algebra - Can someone show me how to use the quadratic formula to solve this ...
- College Math II - x/x – 1 - 3/x = 1/4 My problem says to show the work and to ...
- Algebra - Please read and then help me! (x^(-3/5)) ----------- divide x ^ (1/5) ...
- college math - I do not understand a problem from a text book or how to solve ...
- Algebra - I think that the goal is to get rid of the 5th root in this case. I ...
- Maths - If cosec A – sin A=a3 , sec A – cos A =b3 , prove that a2 b2 (a2 + b2)=1...
- English - 1. The hospital is for certain people. 2. He has a certain problem. 3...
- Algebra 1 - (3xsquared-8x+1)(-2xsquared+-2) (i wrotee squared because i dont ...