Posted by Margie on Saturday, February 24, 2007 at 9:00pm.
Find the sum and express in simplest form. Show all work:
*I don't get this at alll.Plz help me.
I assume you are trying to add, since the problem says "find the sum" and express in simplest form.
x^2/(x^2-9) + (2x-15)/(x^2-9)
You have a common denominator (x^2-9), so you can just add the numerators (top numbers) together.
Here's how it works out:
(x^2 + 2x - 15)/(x^2-9)
Can we simplify this further? Yes!
Let's factor both the numerator and denominator first:
(x + 5)(x - 3)/(x + 3)(x - 3)
You have a common factor in both the numerator and denominator. Cancel out that common factor to simplify.
That should be all you need to do!
so then will it turn out to be:
- Please Help Me Math - ricardo, Tuesday, May 17, 2011 at 5:10pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra 2 - Would some one look at these problems and see if I got them right ...
- mat 117/algebra - 2/(5w+10 )- 3/(2w-4) please show me how to work this problem. ...
- math, correction - Add or subtract as indicated. Express your result in simplest...
- Math - Hi I have to add and express each sum in simplest form can you please ...
- math,correction - Problem #1 subtract. Express your answer in simplest form (3x...
- Algebra - 1. (2x-6)/(21) divided by (5x-15)/(12) 2. Solve (x)/(x-9)-4=(9)/(x-9...
- math,help - i am having difficulty with this problem can someone help me. ...
- please help solve algebra problem - add, express answer in simplest form 4x/x^2-...
- math,correction - Geometry. Find the perimeter of the given figure. tHE Figure ...
- math please help - There are two triangles one large and one small. Write an ...