Posted by Margie on Saturday, February 24, 2007 at 9:00pm.
Find the sum and express in simplest form. Show all work:
*I don't get this at alll.Plz help me.
I assume you are trying to add, since the problem says "find the sum" and express in simplest form.
x^2/(x^2-9) + (2x-15)/(x^2-9)
You have a common denominator (x^2-9), so you can just add the numerators (top numbers) together.
Here's how it works out:
(x^2 + 2x - 15)/(x^2-9)
Can we simplify this further? Yes!
Let's factor both the numerator and denominator first:
(x + 5)(x - 3)/(x + 3)(x - 3)
You have a common factor in both the numerator and denominator. Cancel out that common factor to simplify.
That should be all you need to do!
so then will it turn out to be:
- Please Help Me Math - ricardo, Tuesday, May 17, 2011 at 5:10pm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- MATH Dx - 17/51 simplest form 19/38 simplest form 10/32 simplest form show work ...
- math, correction - Add or subtract as indicated. Express your result in simplest...
- algebra - (5t-6c+4)+(-8t+9c) find the sum and express it in simplest form
- math - How do you express the sum in simplest form for 1/10plus1/5
- math - express the sum of difference in simplest form 1-1/6-11/18=
- Math(7th grade) - What is the denominator of 13/107 in simplest form?PLz help! I...
- math 6th grade - I need to write the percent as a fraction in the simplest form...
- algebra 2 - Would some one look at these problems and see if I got them right ...
- Math - 2 - Solve the exponential equation. Express your solutions in exact form ...
- calculus - find an equation for the line with the given properties. express the ...