Posted by em on Friday, February 23, 2007 at 7:02am.
Hi, could someone please tell me how I would go about working these out: (the answer must be in the form a(sqroot)b where a and b are integers and b is as small as possible.)
1) Simplify (sqroot)500
2) Simplify (sqroot)50 x (sqroot)60
Simplify the following fractions so that there is no root in the denominator:
Thankyou so much!
1) sqrt500 =sqrt(25 x4 x 5)
=(sqrt 25)x(sqrt4)x (Sqrt5)
=5 x 2 x (sqrt5)
therefore a=10 and b=5
2) sqrt50 xsqrt60 =Sqrt300
=sqrt25 x sqrt4 x sqrt3
=5 x 2 x sqrt3
therefore a=10 and b=3
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- maths - Hi, could someone please tell me how I would go about working these out...
- Optimization - Calculus - Find the point closest to the line sqroot(X+1) from ...
- algebra - i need help finding the base. this is the equation i got after work it...
- maths - a few questions - Simplify 3(x-2)^2/x-2 Is the answer 3x^2-10x+10? If ...
- math - Hello there, im doing an equation and its mind boggling me badly so i ...
- calculus - find the derivative of t=(Sqroot of X^2+1/2)+a-2/3 please help fast!!
- math - I have to evaluate the limit of these problems and I can't figure them ...
- Pre Cal - Due to my child being injured I missed this lecture at class. I am so ...
- Mathematics - Simplify the difference quotient [f(x) − f(a]/[x − a] ...
- math - What are the measures of the angles of a right triangle with side lengths...