Posted by Veronica on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 at 9:00pm.
My daughter brought home a work sheet and I have no clue where to begin to help her and she seems to have no clue either.
the questions are
1. Find the final balance in each account.
$800 at 4.25% simple intrest for 6 years
2. $2,000 at 6% compounded annually for 3 years
please help us
interest = principal x rate x time.
int = 800 x 0.0425 x 6 =??
int + 800 = final balance.
You don't say what you want calculated here.
final balance = (1.00+rate)time
If you want the interest just subtract 2,000 from the final balance.
I hope this helps.
If some of the exponents don't print well I will post a quickie correction.
For simple interest, there is a formula:
I = P x r x t
I is the total interest , r is the rate, and t is the time. Thus, the final balance is the initial 800 + I.
For compound interest, it is a little more complicated. Find the new balance after one year by using the above. Then, you need the interest on the NEW balance for the second year (that is the difference between compound and simple), and then add this new interest to the balance after one year, and you have the end of second year balance. Then you do the same for the 3rd year.
There is a formula for compound interest, but it may be beyond your daughter's level.
It is M = P(1 + i)^n
where M is final amount, P is the principal, i is the rate, and n is the number of years.
Let me know if I can help further.
Here's a simple interest calculator:
And here's a compound interest calculator:
Correction to 2.
Obviously I omitted the principal.
final balance = 2,000*(1.06)3
Le't see if this looks any better.
- simple intrest - Bria, Saturday, February 16, 2008 at 9:52pm
I got 834, and 1.70 write down that answer and write me back and tell me if its right my daughter asked me for help but i really don't get it please tell me if its right
- simple intrest - kvonna, Tuesday, April 1, 2008 at 4:37pm
the key to doing the problem is to emagine you were on ashopping spree and the sign said 4.5 pecent off of everything you need to act like you are shopping in order to get your am=nswer and it will determine what kind of salary you make in the future.
- simple intrest - MIKE, Friday, August 8, 2008 at 7:47pm
- waqkh kbgi - waqkh kbgi, Sunday, February 1, 2009 at 11:42pm
tmfsnju hajzceui svnepmz idex odaxsygq dymfwa bapz
- Simple Intrest - 7th Grade Math. - Anonymous, Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 6:24pm
Formula for Intrest:
I=prt (I party)
T- Time (years) Month: x/12
- - - - -
I = 800 (4.25)(6)
B=p+I 800+ [ $20400 ]
- simple intrest - TY, Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at 11:24am
$800 AT 4.25% SIMPLE INTREST FOR 6 YEARS
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - In my sentence I typed, "I did not have a clue what to expect," and ...
- math - An investor has 7000 to invest in two accounts. The first account earns 8...
- math - You invest 3400 into account earning simple intrest. The balance is 4624 ...
- English - State the meaning of the word eradicate as it is used in the ...
- algebra - evaluate each function for the value specified.fx+x2-7x+10; find (a)f(...
- Honors Chemistry - In my vocabulary crossword puzzle, I have one clue answer ...
- math - my fith grader has a work sheet on stem and leaf plots. There is no ...
- Math - Clue 1: When you divide me by 5, the remainder is 4. Clue 2: I have two ...
- Math - What is my number? clue 1. my number is a multiple of 2 and 7 clue 2. My ...
- English - State the meaning of the word eradicate as it is used in the following...