Posted by bex on Saturday, February 17, 2007 at 11:23am.
which element results if 2 protons and 2 neutrons are ejected from a radium nucleus with atomic num 88 and mass num 226
how do i go about this
please can you help
If you can add you can do these.
Now make the numbers add. Protons must be conserved. Mass must be conserved.
Protons are the subscripts. Mass is the superscripts. I shall be happy to check your results if you wish.
After you fill in the numbers for zz and ww, you will have the information for determining X and Y. Look on the periodic table for an element with atomic number 2 for X and atomic number zz for Y.
is this right so far
88 Ra 226 ---> 2 He 4 +
im still trying to figure the zz y ww out
right, so far.
Isn't this fun?
well i suppose its fun if i only knew this course lol
88 Ra 226---> 2 He 4+ 86 Rn 222
is this correct if it is thanks for your help
Of course it's right.
And you can check it to make sure when you finish.
Top numbers: 222 + 4 on the right adds to 226 on the left. Check.
Bottom numbers: 86 + 2 on the right adds to 88 on the left. Check.
And the periodic table tells us element number 86 is Radon, Rn. Check.
Now you do the same thing with the physics problem with Au you posted. Except its a proton (1
P) and not an alpha particle (2
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- chemistryI - If 2 protons and 2 neutrons are ejected from a radium nucleus with ...
- S103 - Which element results if 2 protons and 2 neutrons are ejected from a ...
- Science help please... - what element results if two protons and two neutrons ...
- Elements - Which elements result if two protons and two neutrons are ejected ...
- Chem - The atomic numbers and masses must added up on both sides of the equation...
- Physics - What element results if two protons and two neutrons are ejected from ...
- Chemistry - I have to write a bunch of atomic symbol for these isotopes and I ...
- Science - 1. Which statement about subatomic particles is NOT true? (1 point) ...
- chemistry - 1.what is meant by atomic number of an element? 2.the mass number of...
- Final Exam- Honors Physical Science - how can you determine the number of ...