Posted by jasmine20 on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 at 1:01pm.
drawls this is from the previous post is this correct.
solve the system by subtraction.
equation#2 woudl be
-3y = -4x+11
y = (4)/(3) x - (11)/(3)
so now i substitute it to equation #1
5x - 3((4)/(3)x - (11)/(3)= 13
5x - 4 x +11 = 13
1x + 11 = 13
1x = 13-11
x = 2
now i substitute back into equation #1
-3y = 13-10
so , my solution would be (2,-1)
am i correct?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- ALGEBRA 1!PLZ HELP! - Use the Substitution method to solve the system of ...
- DRWLS,MATH,ALGEBRA - Drawls, How did you get 2h. and then the 2a/h from.Can you ...
- math,help!!!! - How do i do thois problem?Please help. Problem #1 solve the ...
- correction of math - can someone correct this for me please. Directions: Solve ...
- drawls, math help - can you explain to me just one more thing so i can undestand...
- algebra - 5x-2y=-5 y-5x=3 substitution Substitute 5x +3 for y in the first ...
- Math - Solve the system by addition or substitution. 3x – 4y = 8 6x – 2y = 10 ...
- Algebra 1 - What is an equation of a line perpendicular to the line with ...
- math--pre alg - not sure i did right 3(f+2)+9=13+5f 3f+6+9 = 13+5f +9 3F+15 = 12...
- Algebra22222!!! - Choose the ordered pair that is a solution to the system of ...