Posted by jasmine20 on Sunday, February 11, 2007 at 10:21pm.
Can someone help me put this into equations where i can solve them thanks.
Allen bought 20 stamps at the post office in 37cents and 20cents denominations. If the total cost of the stamps was $7.06, how many 37cents stamps did Allen buy?
An 800g solution of acid and water contains 128g of acid. What percent of the solution is acid?
A principle of $5000 was invested in a savings account for 4years. If the interest earned for the period was $400, what was the interest rate per year?
Enrique puts 12% of his monthly paycheck in an IRA. If he invests $72 in his IRA, how much was his paycheck?
1) I can't figure this one out
2) 128 is what percent of 800? Now write that in math terms (is means equals, of means multiply):
Remember to multiply by 100 at the end because the decimal needs to be in percent form.
3) Principle = Rate x Time
4) $72 is 12% of what? The what is the paycheck amount:
belinda, thank you for helping me out
now for # 2
what i got was 16 is that correct so then it would just be 16%
how can be 5000=r(4) where does the 400 goes?
i get a crazy number with decimals. i get 14.46
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Can someone please help with this? Allen bought 20 stamps at the post ...
- algebra - Allen bought 20 stamps at the post office in 37 cents and 20 cents. ...
- Math (Please Help) - A man went to a post office to buy stamps. He bought x, 50 ...
- math - in a series of stamps annie must buy six of each one cost $4.00 one cost...
- algebra - An executive bought 300 stamps for $73.80. The purchase included 15 ...
- Algebra - a colection of stamps consist of 2 cent stamps, 8 cent stamps, and 14 ...
- pre algebra - Julie went to the post office and bought both $0.49 stamps and $0....
- Math please help - Carol has a collection of 100 stamps the graph below shows ...
- Algebra - A stamp collection consists of 3¢, 12¢, and 15¢ stamps. The number of ...
- Maths - Hi I have a maths problem I can't figure out please someone help. Zac ...