Posted by bex on Saturday, February 3, 2007 at 3:16pm.
hi can anyone help
how do i determine the molecular formular of the oxide of arsenic in its in its gaseous state
the answer i got was 17.8 gl -1
for the density,
which law do i use is it boyles law or charles law
A mol of a gas occupies 22.4 L at STP. If it is 17.8 g/L at STP, then.
molar mass = 17.8 g/L x 22.4 L/mol = ??
If it isn't at STP, then change it to STP using PV = nRT.
where do you get the figure 22.4 as i have tried to figure it out
That is the volume occupied by a mole of any gas at STP. Most of us have that memorized; however, it can be calculated from PV=nRT.
STP is 1 atm (that goes for P), V is what you solve for, place 1 for n (# mols), R is 0.08206 (a constant) and T is 273.15 Kelvin (the T in STP). V will calculate to be 22.414
There may be an easier way to solve for the molecular formula. Why don't you post the entire problem?
thank you for that
i set it out like this
v = 1 x 0.08206 x 273.15
v = 22.414689
v = 22.41
what is the symbol at the end is it g as im not to sure
can you advise
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chem - how is the oxide of arsenic worked out when its in its gas state please ...
- chem - Urgent, please help - 0.702g arsenic combines with 0.225g of oxygen to ...
- chemistry - Hi, Is the molecular formula different when it is in a gaseous state...
- Chemistry - 1) If 0.5 moles of a mono alkanoic acid weighs 44g,determine the ...
- chemistry - what is the molecular formula of oxide of arsenic in its gaseous ...
- chem - the root mean square speed of a certain gaseous oxide is 493 m/s at 20 C...
- Chemistry - I need to work out the density of the gaseous oxide of arsenic at ...
- chemistry - How do I calculate the mas of oxygen that combines with one mol of ...
- Science - A compound on analysis as 87:8% c,12:2%h determine its empirical ...
- Chemistry - A compound on analysis as 87:8% c,12:2%h determine its empirical ...