Posted by Karin on Friday, February 2, 2007 at 7:07pm.
Which statement is true?
1.Setting is a backdrop that can be changed without affecting the plot.
2.Good plot builds logically and
plausibly with casual relationships
connecting all the events.
I say 2 is true, my friend says 1 is
true. Who is correct?
I would go with #1
Setting, where and when a story takes
place, should be an intergral part of the story, not just a backdrop that could be changed without affecting
A good plot builds logically. There are
casual relationships that connect the
events, and these are plausible within
the context of the story.
So, which is true?
I agree with GuruBlue.
Think of the plots of Romeo and Juliet
and West Side Story
. The plots are very similar but the settings are vastly different. Plots don't always build logically and plausibly. Casual relationships don't necessarily connect all events.
I was thinking about the several versions of Taming of the Shrew..the same plot, settings different.
and the many variations of Cinderella.
Answer this Question
- English - A good writer makes events in a story occur plausibly. The action ...
- english - A good writer makes events in a story occur plausibly. The action ...
- Language Arts - Which of the following statements about a short story plot is ...
- English - 1.A limerick has four lines. True or False? I think its true 2. The ...
- English Ms. Sue? - 1.A limerick has four lines. True or False? I think its true...
- Math - What is a trend line on a scatter plot? A. a visual representation of the...
- EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY help me asap - what is a trend line on a scatter plot? a ...
- English - How does the setting of this memoir affect its plot? What does this ...
- Literature - why not #1? "Island Boy" by Barbra Cooney, is a good choice for ...
- Math - How am I supposed to plot (1/2,-2 1/2) on a coordinate grid ? I changed ...