Posted by Karin on Friday, February 2, 2007 at 7:07pm.
Which statement is true?
1.Setting is a backdrop that can be changed without affecting the plot.
2.Good plot builds logically and
plausibly with casual relationships
connecting all the events.
I say 2 is true, my friend says 1 is
true. Who is correct?
I would go with #1
Setting, where and when a story takes
place, should be an intergral part of the story, not just a backdrop that could be changed without affecting
A good plot builds logically. There are
casual relationships that connect the
events, and these are plausible within
the context of the story.
So, which is true?
I agree with GuruBlue.
Think of the plots of Romeo and Juliet
and West Side Story
. The plots are very similar but the settings are vastly different. Plots don't always build logically and plausibly. Casual relationships don't necessarily connect all events.
I was thinking about the several versions of Taming of the Shrew..the same plot, settings different.
and the many variations of Cinderella.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- early childhood - Which one of the following statements about literary elements ...
- English - 1.A limerick has four lines. True or False? I think its true 2. The ...
- English Ms. Sue? - 1.A limerick has four lines. True or False? I think its true...
- English - A good writer makes events in a story occur plausibly. The action ...
- english - A good writer makes events in a story occur plausibly. The action ...
- Language Arts - Which of the following statements about a short story plot is ...
- physics - On a plot of position x versus time t for an object’s motion, what ...
- Ed Tech - 1. The _____________ of a story describes the events that take place ...
- literature - Children under age six often mistakenly think that all stories are...
- english - Plot is the artificial ordering of events true?