Posted by patti on Thursday, February 1, 2007 at 8:18pm.
what does it mean when it asks if you qualifed any generalization in your essay
It is asking you to provide details (data, specifics) to prove that the generalization is true or reasonably true.
does the same thing apply when it asks
for evidence for all key claims?
Yes, it does.
Basically, the topic sentence of every paragraph in the body of your paper needs to be a support idea for your thesis statement, and every sentence in each paragraph needs to support that topic sentence with details and your interpretation of those details.
How do I cite authorties on my topic and what does it mean?
This means that every time you use someone else's idea -- whether you quote it or paraphrase it or summarize it -- you need to give credit to that source.
Hold on and let me find a good source for you.
Use the list on the left as your table of contents to find what you need. Basically you need to list documentation of sources in two places:
1. in detail in the Works Cited page
2. in parentheses right after each quotation, paraphrase, or summary. This is also known as in-text citation.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- dog behavior - please check my answer thanks so much for your help. True of ...
- Reading 3rd grade - What is generalization? What words signal generalization and...
- Math - State a generalization about a rectangle that isn’t true for a ...
- Geometry - State a generalization about a rectangle that isn’t true for a ...
- English - I need to write an essay in which i have to state a generalization and...
- Generalization essay - "In this exercise you'll write an essay supporting a ...
- writing - Which of the followinh is Not an example of persuasive writing? a ...
- English - "In this exercise you'll write an essay supporting a generalization ...
- Math - a.)If ABCD is a parallelogram, then ABCD is (always true, sometimes true...
- English 2 - Need help with this-- "In this exercise you'll write an essay ...