Posted by Jake on Thursday, February 1, 2007 at 12:35pm.
Check my answers please!
Thanks a lot.
Five students reported that the previous night they slept: 7,8,7,10,9 hours.
Calculate the sample varience and standard deviation.
sample varience = 1346.5
standard deviation = 36.7
Consider this. Ths standard deviation can never
be larger than the range of scores. Assuming that you are still talking in hours, you answer is much larger.
mean = 8.2
Differences obtained by subtracting the score from the mean =
Squaring each of these gives you
Totaling 6.8. Dividing this by N (5) gives you 1.36 = variance
The square root of the variance is the standard deviation.
I hope this helps. Thanks for asking.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- AP Statistics - A school psychologist reports that the mean number of hours the ...
- Statistics: Sample Size, Variance and Standard Dev - Sample Size, Variance and ...
- statistics - It has been reported that 86% of federal government employees use ...
- statistics - what are the mean and standard deviation of a sampling distribution...
- statistics - The mean length of a work week for the population of workers was ...
- Statsistics - You are testing the claim that the mean GPA of night students is ...
- statistics - Suppose that the ages of students at a particular university ...
- statistics - Given a sample size of 38, with sample mean 660.3 and sample ...
- Statistics - A sample of 12 measurements has a mean of 37 and a standard ...
- statistics - In a random sample of 50 babies 4 to 7 month old the average number...