Posted by eric (new chem or physics prob. in) on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 at 10:11pm.
Thank you Ann!
I had the equations and really was closing in on the answer... (stopping for 23 s is what really got me confused) in either case, the displacement for a) is 888 m !
Now I'll try to calculate (b).
Thank you much!
P.S. This is in response to my earlier physics (kinematics) questions.
A more pressing problem for which I have tried over and over again, with no results. I'm able to solve harder problems, but sometimes falter at really easier ones (depressing, I know). Here it is:
section Density and Atomic Mass
A major motor company displays a die-cast model of its first automobile, made from 9.35 kg or iron. To celebrate its hundredth year in business, a worker will recast the model in gold from the original dies. What mass of gold is needed to make the new model?
Look up the density of iron.
mass = volume x density.
You have the mass and density and you calculate volume of iron.
Then look up the density of gold.
mass = volume x density
Solve for mass. You have the volume from the previous calculation.
Gold: Density @ 293 K: 19.32 g/cm3
Atomic Mass: 196.96655 amu
Iron: Atomic Mass: 55.845 Amu
Density is mass per unit volume. The average density of an object equals its total mass divided by its total volume. The atomic mass of a chemical element is the mass of an atom at rest.
So for example, a statue made out of gold will be heavier than a statue made of iron because gold has a higher density.
density = mass / volume
watch your signs, density here is given in grams.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- physics (Kinematics) - A motorist drives north for 35.0 s at 25.0 m/s and then ...
- English - 1. Ann commanded/ordered that he (should) go there. 2. Ann suggested/...
- Math - Ann had $198 more than her sister. After their mother gave Ann $20 and ...
- Physics - Ann is driving down a street at 58 km/h. Suddenly a child runs into ...
- Math - Consider a game where Ann and Bob play against each other in a dice game...
- Math - Ann has $198 more than her sister. After her mom gives Ann $20 and her ...
- simple equations ( math) - Divide 300 cards between Ann and Elizabeth so that ...
- Spanish for John - SINGLE OBJECT PRONOUNS = UN COMPLEMENTO SIMPLE DIRECT-OBJECT ...
- science - Ann drove to the store 10 km north of her house and then drove to the ...
- math - The area of a rectangle of length l and width w is given by the formula A...