Posted by cyndi on Monday, January 29, 2007 at 4:18pm.
A 10.0-kg cylinder rolls without slipping on a rough surface. At the instant its center of amss has a speed of 10m/s, determine (a) the translational kinetic of its center of mass (b) the rotational kinetic energy about its center of mass and (c) its total kinetic energy.
can u check if this is the correct answer?
please tell me if that is correct ornot XD thanks
^please check that work i have shown above thanks
- physics - Angie, Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 9:43pm
this is correct
- physics - fo' sho, Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 8:58pm
wrong wrong wrong ..... you need to start reading before you try plugging numbers in like an accountant with a nearing deadline, son ........
- physics - Kaleb, Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 11:46pm
According to my physics book with the answers in the back, this is correct.
- physics - vm, Sunday, March 6, 2011 at 8:23pm
why are you using .25 for b??
- physics - Erick, Saturday, December 7, 2013 at 4:26pm
cyndi used 1/4 because of this:
as you can see the radii cancel and the 1/2's multiply together to make 1/4
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- physics - A 9.0 kg cylinder rolls without slipping on a rough surface. At an ...
- Physics- PLEASE HELP - A 10.0 kg cylinder rolls without slipping on a rough ...
- physics - A ball with radius 12cm rolls on a level surface, and the ...
- Physics Classical Mechanics - A hollow cylinder of outer radius R and mass M ...
- physics - A hollow sphere of radius 0.30 m, with rotational inertia I = 0.072 kg...
- Physics - A hollow sphere of radius 0.30 m, with rotational inertia I = 0.080 kg...
- Physics - A hollow, thin-shelled cylinder of mass rolls along a horizontal ...
- Physics help - A solid cylinder rolls along the floor. What is the ratio of it's...
- Physics - A solid cylinder rolls down an incline plane without slipping. If the ...
- hellllp physics - A solid cylinder rolls along the floor. What is the ratio of ...