Posted by Gina on Sunday, January 28, 2007 at 2:11pm.
I have to identify the words in the brackets. Could you correct my mistakes:
(Amy) (was) very (happy) (on) (Sunday). (Amy's birthday) was on Sunday, (and) (no) one (could) (make) her sad. Amy ate (so) (much) bithday cake that she (couldn't) eat pizza. Robert didn't (like) the birthday cake so he told Amy and Amy (started) to cry. (Robert didn't apologize) (because he thought it was the truth.) (Amy (told) Robert to leave) and he left. (Later that day,) (Robert came to Amy's house) to apologize for his rude behavior. (Amy forgave him.)
Could you please tell me what the words in the brackets are . I will compare them to my answers:
Sunday: object of a preposition
Amy's Birthday: subject
And: co-ordinate conjunction
No: adjective (???)
Robert didnt apologize:principal clause
Because he...truth: subordinate clause
Amy told Robert...leave: ???
Later that day: subordinate conjunction
Robert came.....house: Principle Clause
Amy forgave him: sentence (???)
Recheck "happy" You can not have a direct object after a being verb (is)
Amy's birthday - "birthday" is a noun.
"Amy's" is modifying birthday and would be a ?????<G>
No - adjective is correct.
Recheck "so" an adjective has to modify a noun. What does "so" modify?
couldn't is "could" and "not". Could is a verb..."not" is an adverb.
(Amy told Robert to leave) is the principle clause. Told is the verb of that clause.
"Amy forgave him" - you can call that a simple sentence if you wish.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- eng composition - Amy and carl are discussing the essay by tardiff and brizee. ...
- Physics - billy and amy want to ride their bikes from their neighborhood to ...
- Math - Amy has a collection of X,Y, and Z's. Every X is a Y. One-half the Z's ...
- gr 11 physics - Bill and Amy want to ride their bikes from their neighborhood to...
- Math - bill and amy want to ride their bikes from thier neighborhood to school ...
- St monica - Bill and Amy want to ride their bikes from their neighbourhood to ...
- Science - Bill and Amy want to ride their bikes from their neighborhood to ...
- maths - Thabo is 5years older than Amy,in 7years time Amy will be 3/4`s of thabo...
- Science NEED HELP NOW - Bill and Amy want to ride their bikes from their ...
- Biomechanics - Amy is in a tuck and skiing straight down a 30° slope. Air ...