Posted by LaNissa on Friday, January 26, 2007 at 9:41pm.
Which one of the following statements
about poetry for children is True?
1. Literary standards for poetry are
traditionally not as stringent as
those for prose.
2. In good poetry,rhyme takes
precedence over meaning.
3. Mother Goose rhymes are considered
outdated by today's standards.
4. Strong natural rhythm, vivid imagery,
and fresh figurative language are
crucial to good poetry.
Wouldn't number 4 be True?
Number 4 is certainly better than the other three possibilities, IMHO!!
# 2 is a possible answer as well as #4. Think about it. Mother goose is still popular with little children today and some of those poems have no meaning just great rhyming words.
combine this sentence:John stepped out of the car.He glanced up and down the road.He banged on the door of the first house .
John stepped out of the car, glanced up and down the road and then banged on the door of the first house.
This way you these into a simple sentence with compound verbs.
Answer this Question
- English - which of the following statements about american romantic poetry is ...
- English - How do you know “Paul Revere’s Ride” is narrative poetry? It is a poem...
- English 2 - Respond to the following question about the poem "The Alarm Clock" ...
- poetry - i have to write a poem on what i feel poetry is or how i feel about ...
- poetry - can someone please give me good links where i can find poetry to read. ...
- children's literature - which of the following statements about literary is true
- English - Can you please check these sentences for me? Thank you very much. 1)...
- Poetry - “Sonnet 30” p. 960 Author: William Shakespeare. Type of Poem: Sonnet. ...
- Poetry - how to write poetry? I have a poem, but how do i get it on paper, typed...
- poetry - Which one of the following is NOT necessarily an element of good poetry...