Posted by Jasmine20 on Thursday, January 25, 2007 at 3:46pm.
I aked the instructor about that problem that looked like this:
and he said that what i thought was right. which was :
Yes, that's right. I just thought your way of getting the answer was more complicated than it could have been.
With the placement of the parentheses in your answer I can't tell what you have, but I can tell you for sure that what Belinda wrote yesterday; i.e.,
-2w +1)/16 is correct. That answer may be modified somewhat by certain arithmetic procedures but squaring w-1 MUST give, at least as a first step, w2
then why did the instructor say that this was wrong about
w2 -2w +1
he said it had to be:
w squared and negative one half w plus one over sixteen.
We aren't working the same problem. And the reason for that is that you didn't use parentheses correctly. You are working this problem.
Written as you should have written it is
That give you
w2 - 0.5w + 1/16 which agrees with your previous answer and the teacher's answer.
I worked this one
which gives the answer I posted yesterday.
-2w + 1)/16
I hope this clears things up.
Answer this Question
- math check question - Subtract and Simplify: 4a^2/(a-b)-(4b^2-8ab)/(b-a) I have ...
- Language Arts - Which revision to sentence 3 contains an example of vivid ...
- Physics - I thought I did the problem right, but I don't think I came out with ...
- Run-on Sentences - Is this a run-on sentence? "I thought about what he'd said ...
- peggy and tania - psychology - MY QUESTION: DO YOU AGREE WITH WHAT I TOLD PEGGY...
- English - What do you think about the movie. 1. I thought it was really fun. 2. ...
- math - (n-2)*180 =108n 180 n - 108 n = 360 72 n = 360 n = 5 drwls, I had totally...
- English - “Well that’s sculpture, making a ’74 Toyota look like a ’63 Corvette, ...
- English - Is this a run-on sentence? I thought about what he'd said soon I ...
- Belinda, Math - Thank you I did figure it out i think: so the problem was ((w)-(...