Posted by Judy on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 at 7:01pm.
And if a length of a rectangle is 3 more than twice the width and the are is 90 cm squared than what are the dimensions of the rectangle?
The width of the rectangle is 43.5 and the length of the rectangle is 87. All together when you add it up it will make 90 cm squared.
If the area is 90 cm2
, then I should point out that 43.5 x 87 is not equal to 90, so 43.5 and 87 can't be correct.
L = length
W = width
L x W = 90
L = 2W + 3
solve for L and W. I had to solve a quadratic by factoring. Check my thinking. Post your work if you get stuck and need further assistance.
Thank you for the help!
This has left me with the equation
I know you must factor this equation but I have tried many pairs of quantities (ex: (2w-45)(w+2) and cannot find one that equals the original equation. Thank you for all your assistance!
Check my work!!
Yes its right!
w would equal 6 and the length 2w+3 would equal 15
6 times 15 = 90! Thanks sooo much!
- WORD PROBLEM - Crystal, Monday, January 5, 2009 at 7:11pm
The area of a Triangle is 51 square meters. The height is one-half the length of the base. What is the approximate height of the triangle?
- ALGEBRA WORD PROBLEM! HELP! - Anonymous, Sunday, August 12, 2012 at 5:59am
the perimeter of a rectangle is 30 m long .if its length exceeds its breath by 3 cm,find its dimension
- ALGEBRA WORD PROBLEM! HELP! - Anonymous, Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 4:05pm
The length of a rectangle is 7 centimeters less than twice its width. Its area is 72 square meters. Find the dimensions of the rectangle.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - The length of a rectangle is 3 more than twice the width. The area of ...
- algebra , help - Can someone help me set up the equations thanks. Directions: ...
- math - the length of a rectangle is 5 ft more than twice the width. a)if x ...
- Algebra/geometry - a rectangle has a width of 4 cm less than it's length. if a ...
- math - a rectangle is twice as long as it is wide. if both of its dimensions are...
- Algebra - The length of a rectangle is 1ft. more than twice the width, and the ...
- FACTORING POLYNOMIALS - How would you factor the problem: 7-23r+6r to the second...
- math - the length of a rectangle is 3 yds more than twice it width and the area ...
- math ,correction - Directions: Solve each of the following problems. Be sure to ...
- math - The length of a rectangle is 5cm more than twice the width. The perimeter...